Monday, April 27, 2009

Troy Hickman, Master of the DP!

I LOVE the Doom Patrol. Love them, love them, love them. And if I had my choice of any assignment at DC, it would be writing the Doom Patrol. No, not the Vertigo-style DP. No, not whatever the heck John Byrne did with them. I'd like to write the DP as they were in the 60s (and maybe set in the 60s...maybe a pre-Crisis 60s at that).

Anyone from DC reading this? Do you want a great comic series? Because that's what I'd give you. I've been waiting to write this one since I was about five (but I promise not to write it like I am...except for a childlike awe and affection for the material).

I've got stuff to keep me busy in the meantime, but think about it, DC...





4 comments:

Erin Palette said...

In an effort to screw with Google, I shall suggest that DP stands for Double Penetration.

That is all.

Troy Hickman said...

Well, that was kind of the joke...

Is this thing on? (tap, tap)

Juggling Jason said...

*cricket*

John N. said...

In the words of Krusty the Clown, "I heartily endorse this event or product."

Seriously, DC needs one title permanenty set in the 60's (one in the 30's or 40's too), that more or less remain unaffected by various Crises. Give it that Final Frontier vibe. Revive a few obscure characters who haven't been touched for a while.

I'm sold.